Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Survival Tips for the Prospective Online Nursing Student

Distance learning or online education is an excellent option to consider if you are thinking of going back to school to further your degree. Some healthcare systems are now requiring a higher degree as a condition of employment. I received my MSN degree from one of the well-known distance learning programs. After graduating I participated in two online certificate programs, and I have recently begun teaching in this venue. From these experiences, I garnered valuable skills such as networking, online collaboration, computer literacy, and leadership. I recently wrote an article for BestNursingDegree.com offering some tips and advice to consider for the individual who is seriously thinking about pursuing this route. Read my recommendations and survival tips in "Online nursing degrees: Guide to success." When selecting a school, check the accreditation of the program, requirements, and do your homework to determine if the program is a good fit for your busy lifestyle.  BestNursingDegree.com offers information on its "Online Nursing Degrees" including an extensive listing of online programs.

2 comments:

  1. I am actually thinking to get a masters in nursing online and these tips are timely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Distance learning or online education is an excellent option to consider if you are thinking of going back to school to further your degree.nursingassistantdegree.com

    ReplyDelete